The Best Cane Sugar Free, Dairy Free Cookie Recipe
When the test results came back, and I found out I had a high inflammatory response to dairy, eggs, and cane sugar, I wasn’t surprised, but I was 😡 😔. I allowed myself to sulk for a day, then I got it together and set out on a mission to make some delicious shit free of those things. After a few months of testing, barely edible batches, online research and fidgeting, the following recipe is completely and perfectly NOM. Shoutout to @henrywins for being my guinea pig, as well as the Women’s Circle ladies for giving me the final nudge to share this. 😍
Vee’s Cane-Less Cookies 🍪
• 1 1/2 cups almond flour
• 1/2 cup coconut sugar
• 1/4 cup almond butter —feel free to be liberal with the amount 🤗 (I prefer using raw almond butter, but roasted is ok too, as long as it’s creamy. TIP: Trader Joe’s has raw almond butter for $5.99.)
• 1/2 tsp baking soda
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• pinch sea salt
• 3 tbsp water
• 1/2 bar @hukitchen dark chocolate (or another cane sugar less chocolate bar) cut into small chunks
Makes a little over 1 dozen + a large gob of dough to snack on.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Prepare a baking sheet lined with parchment paper to prevent from sticking.
3. Mix all ingredients together (except for chocolate) on low in a blender.
4. Add chocolate chunks to well mixed dough. 🍫
5. (Option to chill in the fridge overnight. I find that this makes the dough easier to scoop, and the cookies more uniform.) Spoon by the tablespoon. 🥄
6. Bake for 8-11 minutes depending on desired chewiness level. (Less for more chewy, but either way cookies will be w a y more chewy and moist than normal.) 🍪
7. Consume with a glass of cold nondairy milk. 🥛